Monday, September 23, 2013

hello world part 2

Monday, 16 Sep
D day has arrived! In one way induce seems not a bad option as i can really get everything prepared. We woke up early, had breakfast at Taman sardon, bihun sup and half boil egg and off to Pearl Maternity. It was a quiet morning, since its a public holiday which i like as it make me feel calm. The nurse showed me a room and asked me to change...everything off, only the hospital gown please. I was fast need to strip already. But i knew this will come, so i obeyed.

Next, need to lie down on a bed where baby heartbeat and contraction were monitored. Baby heartbeat were doing good from 130 to 160...while surprisngly...there's a very small mild contraction. Nurse then chcked and the first good news of the day when she said "oh.. baby is already halfway engage." Yeayyy... i`ve been asking that question everytime i visited Klinik Kesihatan .:-) Finally, all the walking paid off.  Then the butt med was given. I wish we can buy such meds. Its s so good that within minutes u'll get the urge to let everything out. Finally, the 1st pill is then inserted  at 10am and i was asked to lie down for 1hr. Any movement might cause it to move and impact the process. It was done by a very kind and expert nurse. I asked her when do she expect me to give birth and she expected it will be dawn the next day. Up to this part, i felt positive.  No pain felt during vaginal inspection too. So i was telling Q that our decision to go for induce is not that bad afterall. As i was relaxing, guess what, suddenly i need to pee. Uhuh. Cant do anything about it tho but just tahan. 1 hr later, another nurse came to ask me come back to the room and monitor again the heartbeat if baby got distressed by the meds. And the 1st thing i do is run the toilet. Q came after me and said "wow....thats a lot of pee". Hehehehe. The result of baby heartbeat came out good and Dr Rahayu stepped in. Apparently, Dr Rosita was off and Dr Rahayu was on call that day. I am fine with that as i met her once and she is very soft spoken. She said no contraction observed, so she will come at 4pm later to insert 2nd pill.

The pain then slowly come at around 12. Its a constant pain down there due to the pill is working to soften the cervix membrane. As i was told, contraction is supposed to be in a timely interval, so i did not regard that as contraction. I am still able to take lunch, walk around the room and whats app-ing with my gals. At 4pm Dr Rahayu came to do vaginal inspection. Another good news came as she say " Ohhh..there`s already opening for 3cm. Tak payah masuk ubat dah...i am going to make it 4cm and its going to be pain a bit ya. "  i hv to admit its a little painful and as she draw out her hand... its full of blood. I squeaked, shocked! "Ehh ... jangan takutttt... this is good. Dah keluar tanda" . She went out, explain it all to Q and mentioned that she will come again at 8pm. Q came in....smiling... Both of us are happy that it worked better than expected. :-)

No comments: